Tuesday 23 July 2013

Weak THEN strong.

 2 CORINTHIANS 12:9-10  

This verse took me a long time to understand. I mean weak then strong? Like cold then hot? God opened up my eyes and now it is a very powerful verse to me. It makes me be thankful for all my mistakes and other things I can't control.

weak- not strong; liable to yield, break, or collapse under pressure or strain; fragile; frail: a weak fortress; a weak spot in armor.
 strong-
mentally powerful or vigorous: He may be old, but his mind is still strong.
V.7  So to keep me from becoming conceited because of the surpassing greatness of the revelations, a thorn was given me in the flesh, a messenger of Satan to harass me, to keep me from becoming conceited.
A  view verses before this Paul says "I do not know, God knows." How true is this! At first Paul asked God to take away his thorn, he asked 3 times. Then he learned why he had been given this thorn (most likely a physical affliction though does not say). The thorn was to keep him humble, he was being used by God greatly which could have easily been turned into pride.
God has a reason and purpose for your afflictions. Even in your struggles, trials you can rejoice! I have a friend who even prays for trials, when I heard that my eyes got Big. I still don't exactly pray for trials ,but praying for faith or growth does bring them. My attitude has made a 180 turn, I know now that God allowed these problems in my life so with His help, I can and will overcome. It's all because of God's mercy. He wants to change us and make us more like His perfect son.
How do you feel about trials? What have they taught you? 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment